CEO spoke at "After Grenfell" UK Fire Seminar at the RAF Club, London - 17 July 2018
CEO Carl Hunter had the privilege of being invited to speak at the inaugural UK Fire Seminar “After Grenfell”. Held at the RAF Club in London, particularly poignant given the 100 year anniversary of the force, on 17th July 2018.
Carl said that “audience was very engaged” in listening to him speak about “Advanced Technology” (see presentation) which he supplemented a broader strategic discussion about:
- Understanding UK distinguishing values
- UK Government having more than enough bandwidth to deal not only with EU Exit but creating strategy statements by multiple departments
- The role of integrity and excellence in UK science
- The benefits of exporting
- The integrity of fire engineering in ISO standards
- The opportunities for British standards on EU exit with regard to exporting and global standing,
- Grenfell lessons to learn
- Global Britain the British dream
Carl has over 25 years’ experience in the fire safety industry. He is a member of leading bodies in the UK:
- Worshipful Company of Firefighters
- Strategic Steering Group of Joint International Fire Board (JIFB)
- All Party Parliamentary Fire Rescue Services Group (APPFRSG)
- Active members in the UK: Export Council and the Suppressant gases Working Group at the Fire Industry Association (FIA), Fire Protection Association (FPA) and Fire Sector Federation (FSF)
- Also members of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Fire Suppression Systems Association (FSSA) and National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED) in the USA as well as the Rail Industry Fire Association (RIFA) and Tall Building Fire Safety Network (TBSFN)
- Carl’s company was awarded the “Innovation of the Year for Fire”, as well as Safety Initiative Award Finalist
- Regularly published in leading fire publications worldwide
With thanks to Neil Wallington who organised the event and also has many accolades in the fire industry:
- International Fire & Rescue Consultant and Author
- Past International President: Institution of Fire Engineers
- Consultant Editor: Gulf Fire magazine
- Chairman: UK Fire Services National Museum Trust.
Connect with the CEO:
Clare, Head of Marketing & Communications and Chloe, Marketing & Communications Assistant were delighted to attend the Safety and Health Excellence Awards 2019 (SHE) last night in Birmingham. The Portasonic® 2.FL0 was shortlisted as Fire Innovation of the Year...
11 Apr 2019
Exhibits at ExpoShipping, Istanbul.
02-05 Apr 2019
Southampton during the OCEAN Business Technology Forum...
8 Mar 2019